The Wells Unit: adolescent forensic service
The Wells Unit
Three Bridges Secure Unit
West London Mental Health Trust
Ward tel: 020 8483 2270 / 020 8354 8510
Secretaries: 020 8483 2244
Fax: 020 8483 2246
Location map: A map of where we are
Site map: A map of our site
Directions: How to find us
Monday to Friday: 6pm-8pm
Weekends and Public Holidays: 10am-12pm, 2pm-4pm and 6pm-8pm
- All visits need to be booked in advance with ward staff
- You will need to bring ID when you visit. If you do not bring ID, the visit will probably be cancelled.
- Please speak to staff prior to the visit to check what items you will be allowed to bring onto the ward
- Family visits can be booked outside regular visiting times in special circumstances
- There are child visiting facilities within the unit.
The Wells unit is a ten bed male inpatient unit based on the trust's Ealing site, which is part of the secure forensic mental health service for young people.
It provides a highly specialised, multi-disciplinary assessment and treatment service at Tier 4 child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) level.
Who the service is for:
This service is for young males aged between 12 and 18 years with severe mental illness who are a danger to themselves or others, and who may have committed criminal offences.
There is no catchment area as the beds are part of a national service.
Referrals must be made by a child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) consultant.
Referrals should be sent to the address above or faxed to 020 8483 2246. Referrals are discussed weekly at national referrals meetings.